It is the policy of the Beaufort County School District to regulate reasonable attire of students during the school day. Students in all schools shall wear an approved school uniform with only legally-mandated exceptions. To maintain an educational environment that is safe and conducive to the educational process, students in all grades shall abstain from wearing or possessing specified items during the school day. Please visit the BCSD District Website for more information.
- Tops may be white, green, or gold. Students must wear plain polo or oxford style shirts with a collar.
- Mock turtlenecks and turtlenecks are permitted
- White T-Shirts may be worn under uniform shirts
- Students may wear plain, unhooded sweatshirts or sweaters in white or school colors over their uniform.
- Bottoms may be solid khaki or black.
- Bottoms may include skirts, shorts, jumpers, pants, or shorts of modest length.
- Bottoms must be free of graphics and embroidery with the exception of small labels. They may not have insignias, words, or pictures.
- Cargo-style pants or shorts are not permitted. Pants or shorts may not have more than four pockets.
- Belts must be worn if the garment has belt loops.
- There may be no graphics or spikes on the belt or buckle.